6 Good Things to Buy Instead of Starting a Bad Romance
This is going to sound materialistic and possibly self-centered, but money can buy you happiness when compared to being in a bad romance. So before you take the plunge into your next red-flagged horror of a bad romance, consider buying something that will help you grow as a person or just for fun.
(continues after photo)
Avoid your next Bad Romance
Buy one or more of these instead.
- Education. I’m not talking about getting yet another college degree. Instead, watch a half-dozen YouTube videos about how to do something new and then try it yourself. The school of hard knocks is the best.
- Stock Market. You’ll eventually need some serious money to start your own company, buy a house, buy an expensive vehicle, and see the world. You get it. Start investing today.
- Collections. This differs from when you go after people who owe you money because a man doesn’t lend money in the first place. It’s starting a collection of something that either makes you happy or will be valuable in the future–preferably both. Before starting a collection, talk to your local, high-quality art/jewelry/coin expert to understand what “collection” means.
- Vacation. All of us could use one right about now.
- Nutrition and Fitness. Your future health will be primarily based on your genetics, what you eat, and the time you spend in the gym. Hire a nutritionist for a month and have them design a dozen breakfast, lunch, and dinner combinations that you can actually make yourself. Then go sign up for that one-year gym plan. While you can’t control genetics, the other two things continue to help my grandfather be the admired man he is, which is enough motivation for me.
- Whiskey and Cigars. Enough said.
Aren’t buying into this premise? Here’s a study by the National Academy of Science that may help.
One more thing: women know all about this topic, especially older women. Consider asking them if you have any doubts.
While you’re considering, here’s some music from Lady Gaga to help you.